F1team Index du Forum
FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésConnexion   S’enregistrer
Auteur Message
<  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode
lorino
MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Avr - 14:28 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Administrateur

Here is the tutorial to install the fuel, the mod and the introduction like on our server on a track
The clips of the F1 team fuel mode are necessay to follow this tutorial. You can ask me to get them (It is usually reserved to f1team members or people wanting to create tracks for our server, contact miswa and me and explain why you want to use the mod if there is an other reason). It corresponds to a zip file: F1team_clip-pack.zip that you have to extract in My Documents/TrackMania/Tracks/ (or My Documents/ManiaPlanet/Replays/Clips/ in TM²).

Vocabulary :

MT = mediatracker (the tool of the map editor to add clips/text/effects on a track)
mod = textures of the blocks
   --> all the textures and how to create a mod is indicated in this tutorial: http://trackmania.perso.sfr.fr/TELECHARGEMENT/TUTO/tutomod.pdf (french)
mode = clips that are responsible of the fuel system.
cp = checkpoint.

I. Opening the track with a mod

When you open your track, you have to click and hold CTRL while choosing and opening your track

You first have to choose the time of day (it can be changed without having to validate the track again) :

And then you have to choose the mod :
- Or from your local installed mods (but it will be seen only by you)
   --> there are a lot of mod in the internet. You must have a file .zip and put it in My Documents/TrackMania/Skins/Stadium/mod (you can create the folder if it does not exist)
- Or from a mode hosted on a website (In our case: http://sd-2.archive-host.com/membres/up/87042272913212090/Gpf1Mod2.zip)

Dernière édition par lorino le Mar 24 Mar - 20:02 (2015); édité 3 fois
Publicité
MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Avr - 14:28 (2014)  Publicité -->

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
lorino
MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Avr - 14:38 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Administrateur

II. Introduction of the track

When your track is open in the editor, you have to open the MT to create the introduction and the fuel system. You have to click the first button to create the introduction of the track. The second is to create clips during the track (for exemple the fuel) and the third to create clips after the track (for example to change camera view in the default replay).

You can then import the introduction given in the clips-pack:

But the default introduction have not the good author and track name, you have to change them :

For example, to change the author name:

lorino
MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Avr - 15:55 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Administrateur

III. Installing the fuel mode

In order to install the fuel, you must click the second button of the mediatracker:

Then you can create a new clip in order to have a penalty when you restart at the first checkpoint (the start checkpoint). We want this penalty executed only if you are on the block where the start checkpoint is and if your speed is zero. For that, you first have to place the  trigger block of your clip:

Now, you can set the conditions for the trigger (here, penalty happens when speed<0.1) and set the name of the clip (here "lap1_penalty")

Then, you can import the clip from the clip-pack (the time must be approximately the time needed to go from the start checkpoint to the pit entrance)

Second step is the creation of the clip correponding to 3-4 lap of fuel at the beginning of the race. In order to do that, you have to create a new clip. The trigger bloc is placed just after the start checkpoint in order to cancel the effect of the penalty situated at the start checkpoint, [this part works only with tmnf/tmuf, see tm² specificity post for tm² tracks] but with a time condition (only at the beginning of the race). The value of this time condition must be set to less than 1 lap (in order to be sure that no one can use the clip at the beginning of lap 2). For the tracks of the server, Warm up must also be taken into account (so, the time is longer, and also depends on a gap time depending of the server caracteristics). I generally set the time limit at 200s for a track where a lap can be done in 1min (hence 160s if the track lap is 40s long ...).

Here I choose to set the fuel duration at 4min in order to allow refueling at 3rd or 4th lap

The third step is to create the clip at the entrance of the pits. It needs no conditions

The 4th step  consists in creating the clip for the pit work and the fuel fuel during 3-4 laps after the pits. You have to place one trigger bloc at each blocks with 2 columns of the pits. As in the first step, condition is speed < 0.1 (but it can be changed if you want to have fast pits where you don'yt have to stop to refuel ...)

The 5th step consists in creating the penalty at the various checkpoints. It is quite the same as first step at the start cp, but for the others cp. The time of fuel given after the penalty depends on the time you need to go from the cp to the entrance of the pits.  I show here the example with the last penalty of the track:

if you are not sure of the time to assign to the penalty fuel, you can, after block trigger placement, click on start to see your car replay starting from the cp. Then you just have to stop it when you arrive at the pit entrance and look at the time needed by the car to do that.

Here, I set the fuel time to 20s for the last cp. Do not forget to give a name to your clip, it will help you to remember what is the role of each clip if you want to edit your track to change something!)

You must do that for each cp (some cp can have the same clip if the time from the cp the pits entrance are approximately the same)

Last step is to check if the track works!  You can for example try to refuel, try to respawn and see if the penalty works and that you have the time to go to the pits.

Dernière édition par lorino le Ven 31 Oct - 20:14 (2014); édité 3 fois
miswa
MessagePosté le: Dim 4 Mai - 14:21 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Administrateur

Merci Lorino pour ton super Tuto Smile
Thank you Lorino for your great Tuto:)

Antony
MessagePosté le: Mer 28 Mai - 17:27 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

c'est vrai c'est un bon tuto même si je n'ai tout compris  Mort de Rire

lorino
MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Oct - 20:42 (2014)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Administrateur

tm² specificity

In tm², the clip situated just after the start (as described in III. Installing fuel mode > Second step) should not have a time condition but a "not already triggered" condition where the value is the value of the position of the clip in the list of clips (this way, the clip will be triggered only one time). /!\ The numerotation of clips begins at 0.

In the example (III. Installing fuel mode > Second step) the clip is the second clip, so the condition will be
"not already triggered" 1

fagonzamk
MessagePosté le: Mer 22 Juil - 18:59 (2015)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

How I can have more F1team's mods and F1team's clip pack on trackmania 2?
F1 fagonzamk

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Statler
MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Oct - 17:49 (2015)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Hi fagonzamk,
Again sorry for the late reply  Embarassed , thank you for your interest in the team.
As Lorino explained in his introduction the clip pack and extra mods are reserved for team members and mappers who want to make tracks for our server. As you already requested to join the team it seems logical to proceed with your membership first and then go on to the mapping part for the server later on. As you are quite new to the game I'm sure you will need some coaching from us along the way. It took me a while to get a map just right so it could run on the server without problems (it's quite technical). Please feel free to send me a message if you have further questions (please check my reply regarding your membership) Looking forward to racing you on our server  Smile

Hypersaint
MessagePosté le: Dim 7 Fév - 20:05 (2016)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Really great tutorial, thought me a lot! Will play around with it when I've got some time.

MessagePosté le: Lun 8 Fév - 00:19 (2016)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode --> Répondre en citant

Hypersaint a écrit:
Really great tutorial, thought me a lot! Will play around with it when I've got some time.

Please check this link for a newer TM² version of this tutorial as well as other tutorials  Wink

Contenu Sponsorisé
MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:32 (2017)  TUTORIAL - Installing F1 team fuel mode -->

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure

Sujet suivant
Sujet précédent
Page 1 sur 1
F1team Index du Forum -> F1team~ PADDOCK - We speak about everything

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
AdInfinitum v1.00 ~ mikelothar.com